Introduction to High Performance Computing
Taught by Andre Zonca, High Performance Computing specialist at the San Diego Supercomputer Center.
Hands-on introduction to Supercomputing, learn how to connect to the UCSD Supercomputer and launch simple parallel jobs. Targeted to people with no previous experience in Supercomputing.
Date: May 31, 2017
Location: Biomedical Library Building, Classroom 4
Time: 9:00a - 4:30p
HPC workshop registration now open!
* Basic familiarity with the Terminal required
* Basic knowledge of Python recommended to better follow the examples but not necessary
* Attendance to a Software Carpentry workshop provides this skillset
** upcoming 2-day Software Carpentry Workshop: May 23-24, 2017
* Connect to the Comet Supercomputer
* Understand the functionality and the use case of different file systems
* Interact with the batch scheduler
* Parallel programming in Python: Multicore
* Parallel programming in Python: Multiple nodes with MPI-based communication
Reid Otsuji, email@example.com for more information.
Instructor Andrea Zonca, firstname.lastname@example.org